The Town of Bladensburg will be receiving approximately $4.9 million dollars through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). ARPA is delivering direct relief, rescuing the economy, and starting to beat the virus. For a full overview of what’s in the plan, click here.
These funds must be committed to be spent by December 31, 2024, and can only be spent for specific things outlined in the federal legislation. The Town Council has requested that visioning sessions be held to solicit input from Town residents.
The session will be held virtually:
- Session for Bladensburg Residents: Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 7 PM
To register for a session, please fill out the registration form at https://bit.ly/32K2sor. Should you have any questions, please email Clerk@BladensburgMD.gov.
Useful Resources on the American Rescue Plan Act:
- Uses of Funds: Powerpoint Presentation
- Maryland Municipal League: https://www.mdmunicipal.org/944/American-Rescue-Plan
- National League of Cities FAQ Page: https://www.nlc.org/covid-19-pandemic-response/american-rescue-plan-act/arpa-local-relief-frequently-asked-questions/
- U.S. Treasury FAQ Page: https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/SLFRPFAQ.pdf