The duties and powers of the Town Administrator include enforcing all laws and ordinances; recommending measures, ordinances, and legislation necessary for efficient operation of the Town; preparing, recommending, and administering the annual budget; implementing policies through strategic leadership and fiscal stewardship; long range development of the Town; development and implementation of personnel regulations and administrative policies; and for translating the Mayor and Council’s vision, policies and priorities into action.
The Town Administrator is also the Chief Economic/Redevelopment Officer responsible for identifying and proposing policies to encourage investment; attract and retain businesses; and create job opportunities.
To deliver excellent public service that enhances the quality of life for our residents and businesses; foster an informed and engaged community by effectively communicating the Town’s goals and priorities to both internal and external stakeholders; develop and recommend policies to meet the needs of the community; and foster community pride through collaborative partnerships.
- Provide leadership and implement policies to support the goals and objectives of the Town’s Strategic Plan, ensuring the needs of the citizens, businesses, and industries of Bladensburg are met.
- To provide high quality, innovative, and professional services to enhance the lives of our citizens and businesses.
- Encourage excellence throughout the organization to ensure the delivery of quality public services.
- Develop and implement sound fiscal policies and practices to ensure transparent and sustainable government operations and programs.
- Foster a mindset throughout the organization that strives to not only meet community expectations, but exceed them.
- Improve communication and the flow of information to the public by developing community outreach programs to enhance citizen awareness and engagement.
- Cultivate an innovative organization that encourages innovation and continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively with our County, State and regional partners to identify and develop opportunities to promote economic and redevelopment in Bladensburg.
- Facilitate workforce opportunities to enhance the Quality of Life for Town residents.
- Being dedicated to quality, timeliness and excellence in our service to the community.
- Candor, honesty, and ethical behavior by the members of our department.
- Having pride in our work, in our dedication to public service, and being the best we can be.
- Honesty, integrity, and consistent discipline within our organization to maintain our credibility with the community.
- A partnership with the citizens of Bladensburg in making the Town safe for all to work, live and play.
- The opportunity to provide service to our community in a manner which is fair, courteous, responsive and efficient.
- The need to treat people with respect and dignity, regardless of their age, race, gender, appearance, individual beliefs or life style.
- Sensitivity is the key quality that we should bring to our interaction with the public and other agencies.
Our citizens and businesses are at the heart and spirit of what makes our Town a community. The service and dedication to community is shared by many of our residents and businesses and is the cornerstone of what makes the Town of Bladensburg not just a place to live and do business, but a community.
Contact The Town Administrator