The department initiates inspections, based on a complaint or physical observation. The department also enforces all provisions of Town licensing and permit ordinances or directives and ensures that all businesses are properly licensed as required by law.
Code Enforcement is charged with upholding the safety, health, and building codes of the Town, County, and State, which includes the issuing of building permits, sign permits, and general purpose permits. Code Enforcement also provides technical and educational assistance to town residents and businesses when it comes to codes and licensing matters.
The mission of the Code Enforcement Division is to enforce the codes of the Town in order to protect the health, safety and welfare of the community; and where violations occur, to work with our citizens to achieve compliance through an efficient and fair process.
- Maintain an attractive, safe, and healthy environment in order to provide a high quality of life for our residents and visitors;
- Improve both the appearance and quality of life for residents and business;
- Provide prompt, courteous and professional service to the citizens of the Town of Bladensburg;
- Encourage responsible property maintenance;
- Seek cooperation and support from residents, property owners and businesses for voluntary compliance with the provisions of the Town Code;
- Maintain open communication with our community.
- Being dedicated to quality, timeliness and excellence in our service to the community.
- Candor, honesty, and ethical behavior by the members of our department.
- Having pride in our work, in our dedication to public service, and being the best we can be.
- Honesty, integrity, and consistent discipline within our organization to maintain our credibility with the community.
- A partnership with the citizens of Bladensburg in making the Town safe for all to work, live and play.
- The opportunity to provide service to our community in a manner which is fair, courteous, responsive and efficient.
- The need to treat people with respect and dignity, regardless of their age, race, gender, appearance, individual beliefs or life style.
- Sensitivity is the key quality that we should bring to our interaction with the public and other agencies.
Contact Code Enforcement
Roger (Shaun) Rinehart
Code Enforcement Supervisor
For general information please email us at: email@example.com
Download the My Bladensburg App to submit requests.