The Town of Bladensburg is a vibrant and exciting destination that offers superior services and opportunities to all community stakeholders in a clean and safe environment, promoting redevelopment, investment and diversity.
Bladensburg is an ethical and responsive government that provides high-quality customer service committed to creating a culturally and economically viable community.
Bladensburg CARES exemplifies the values we hold in the delivery of excellent public service to residents, property owners and stakeholders of the Town.
- Collaboration – We value effective partnerships.
- Accountability – We recognize our individual and collective roles and responsibility for service and program delivery.
- Responsiveness – We value prompt customer service.
- Ethics and Efficiency – We are ethical and efficient in our operations.
- Service Excellence to the Community – We value efficient, high quality service in everything we do.
The Bladensburg Area
The Town of Bladensburg is located along the Anacostia River in Prince George’s County, Maryland. The Town is north and east of Washington, DC. Bladensburg has its roots reaching as far back as the 1720s. The Town has been witness to and played a major role in much of the history of Colonial times and the United States.
The Town of Bladensburg, Maryland is adjacent to the north and east of Washington, DC with whom it shares its southern border. Unlike towns where white-collar or blue-collar occupations dominate the local economy, Bladensburg is neither predominantly one nor the other. Instead, it has a mixed workforce of both white- and blue-collar jobs. Overall, Bladensburg is a town of service providers, sales and office workers, and professionals. Bladensburg is an extremely ethnically-diverse town. The people who call Bladensburg home describe themselves as belonging to a variety of racial and ethnic groups.
Households | Income | Education
Our Languages | Median Age | Marital Status